Patterson Legal Group & WIBW teamed up again to honor Team Blake Foundation as the non-profit hero in the Topeka area for August.
The mission of the Team Blake Foundation is to assist in reducing the burden of childhood cancer and other life-threatening illnesses on children and their families.
They accomplish this by:
- Providing care packages to children who are going through the unimaginable
- Providing spiritual and emotional support to families
- Financially supporting the families with medical costs, household expenses, or other related costs.
- Donating to other community non-profits such as the Ronald McDonald house, a local organization that assists children and their families with health concerns
- Donating funds to pediatric cancer research and spreading pediatric cancer awareness
To learn more about this wonderful organization, visit their website at www.foreverteamblake.com
If you would like to nominate a non-profit hero you think deserves to be recognized, visit our nominate a non-profit hero page for more information. Selected heroes will be featured on a WIBW News Story and receive a $1,000 check.